The best approach to achieving optimal heart health is through lifestyle changes that address the causes of problems associated with heart disease.
- Eat a healthful diet, including good fats from natural sources with a healthy ratio of omega-3s, and avoid processed foods and refined starches and sugars.
- Exercise in moderation, and get a sensible amount of sun exposure.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Remove undue stress from your life and instead cultivate peace of mind.
- Enjoy alcohol in moderation, and don’t smoke.